Saturday, April 30, 2011

Moving On

We keep moving on with life. David has been moving forward with his medical review boards and discharge from the Army. He is home now all the time and after the initial shock, it is pretty funny watching the exchanges between Max and his Daddy.

When we drive places I have a co-pilots calling out with their muffled "watch out for that car", "contact left", and they call in air strikes as we go along. Lullubies contain cadences about grabbing your weapon and what the drill sgt makes them do.

The other day David told me that our leftovers smelled like "decomp" so he threw them out. "don't worry, I had Max smell them too and he agreed". David has lost his sense of smell for the most part some how. It is probably tied to his TBI (Tramatic Brain Injury). I just laugh and we add to our list of private jokes that noone understands. Like the fact that David never remembers any of the movies we watch. I will turn on a show we have already seen and he will say "I have been wanting to see this!" Sometimes I tell him that he has seen it sometimes I don't. We always laugh about it though.

Dinosaur Museum

Dinosaur Museum
Max playing on the sand and water table